Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bike 2008 07 07


Bike 2008 07 07_5221, originally uploaded by rhanke.

My coach sent me the Top Five ways to get faster with aerodynamic improvements:

5. Place your water bottle on the down-tube of your bicycle, not on the seat tube.

4. Clean up your cables at the front of your bicycle. A messy cable routing job around the handlebars of your bike can contribute to 20% of the drag of your entire bike!

3. Don't wear gloves. As a general rule, gloves can make you a lot slower. Don't fall though...

2. Wear and train with an aero helmet. Learning to ride with an aero helmet and keeping your head in the same position is one of the most effective ways of becoming more aerodynamic.

1. Most importantly, train in the position that you want to be faster. If it's the time trial, ride your time trial bike in your racing position frequently for proper adaptation.

As one can see I have a long way to improve.
1. My water bottle is on the seat stem as well as a bike pump.
2. Camera bag messes with the cables.
3. I'm wearing gloves.

I guess I now know why it takes so long to get up the hills.

No comments: