Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hills R Us ACTC Ride: 2008 07 02


Hills R Us 2008 07 02_5147, originally uploaded by rhanke.

One of the many suggestions by my coach was for me to join a bicycle club so I would be able to ride with a group of people. This has really helped me by making the rides enjoyable. It is great to talk with the other members and learn of their biking experiences. It has also helped in learning the area so I now know so many different routes.

I joined the Almaden Cycle Touring Club (ACTC - www.actc.org) and they have rides every day that one can join. They also have a system of hills the have put together called goats that members try to ride. The rider who does the most goats gets a price.

Today on our ride we did Soda Springs (5.6 miles, 2400 feet of climbing) and Montevina (3.5 miles, 1700 ft). Both were very tough.

No comments: