Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 32: Rest Day - Nashville TN - October 15, 2008

Today was a day to sleep in and relax. We have gone over 2,700 miles and have one week to go. We had a great meal last night at the Capital Grille in the Hermitage Hotel. I slept wonderful last night as the Hermitage Hotel has been the best hotel we have stayed at on the trip. It is a landmark in Nashville.

Tennessee State Capital 2008 10 15_2344

With Nashville being the capital of Tennessee, I decided to start my tour of Nashville at the Capital building. It is a beautiful building built back in 1850s. Its grandeur represents the greatness of Tennessee of the time. Three of the first 17 presidents came from Tennessee; Jackson, Polk and Johnson and it was one of the main agriculture providers of the time. It was truly a wonderful building to tour.

From there I went to the Farmers market and had lunch. In the afternoon I visited the Ryman Auditorium which once had been home to the Grand Ole Opry and is now used for all types of concerts because of its great acoustics.

Ryman Auditorium 2008 10 15_2355 Ryman Auditorium 2008 10 15_2352

Leslie from the Ryman 2008 10 15_2351 Ryman Coldplay 2008 10 15_2354

Leslie was a wonderful guide for the tour in the Ryman Auditorium.


After that I went and saw the Country Music Hall of Fame. I’m not a country music fan but it was still interesting.

It was a very relaxing day taking in the Nashville sights and I’m ready for our final week. Tomorrow we have our biggest climbing day with 11,000 of climbing to be done. It should be fun.

I hope you get a chance to check out the other photos from today on Flickr.

No comments: