Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lance returns to cycling.


Levi Leipheimer 2008 02 17_0823, originally uploaded by rhanke.

Lance Armstrong announced today that he is returning to cycling. That is great inspiration for me as I get ready to head out on my cross country trip. Lance will be 37 years old and if he still has then It will be no problem for a 47 year old to bike across the USA.

I wonder what his former teammate Levi thinks of this? The press release did not say what team he will ride for but I would have to think he would team up with Astana since they are managed by Johan Bruyneel who managed Lance before.

Johan has written a great book about his time racing and managing.
http://www.amazon.com/Might-Well-Win-Mastermind-Record-Setting/dp/0618879374

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,

Just wanted to wish you Bon Voyage! I look forward to seeing updates on here.

Jeff