Thursday, September 11, 2008

Young Buck Deer in Saratoga


2008 09 09_8988
Originally uploaded by rhanke
On my second to last training ride I came across a young buck eating grass. Usually they run away once they see people. This one stayed long enough for me to take a couple photos and video of him.

I think I'm ready for my trip. On this ride I set personal bests for power output for 5, 10, 30 and 120 minute time intervals. (362, 329, 304 and 231 watts)
Funny thing is I only remember working hard for about 35 minutes up Kings mountain up to Skyline. The rest of the time I was just going what I thought was my normal pace.

On Friday I'm off to Santa Barbara and start on Sunday. Spending today packing, have to fit everything into one suitcase. It is hard to pack for 40 days, I will have to wear the same cloths over and over.

No comments: